HHYCC at Swinley Forest - 9th March 2013
Directions: Swinley Forest is South of Bracknell, off the B3430 from the A322. Take the Bagshot turn from the M3 and follow the signs for 'The Look Out'. Postcode (for Satnav or to put into www.multimap.com) is RG12 7QW.
Pictures from previous trips...
Contacts: Bill Wright, 07930 397245 and email@example.com
We are arranging a trip to Swinley Forest, which is near Bracknell. This can be reached by train or by car, but it will be an ALL DAY trip.
We can only take 6 riders with us by train, from West Norwood, to Martins Heron station. Train fare is £5.25 return (child) or £10.50 (adult). If you want to come by train, please email or text Bill ). We will need to meet at West Norwood station by 9.15am. We'll return to there at about 4.30 or 5pm.
If you can get there by car, please do so. It will take about 1:1/4 or 1:1/2 hours from SE London. Aim for The Look Out, Nine Mile Ride, Bracknell, RG12 7QW. Near M3 Junction 3. There is a car park there, and we will meet you there at 11.15. Please let me know if you are driving there so we meet you without problems. Either by email or text please.
It is possible to hire a bike at the LookOut, but do check out their website as you may need to provide identity documents / pay a deposit.
Before Friday evening: Contact Bill to say you are coming
- Saturday 9:15am : if you are coming by train, meet me with bike at West Norwood (with train fare)
- 10:47am : our train pulls in at Martins Heron.
- 11:15am : If you are coming by car, meet in the car park at the LookOut
- 11:15am : riders from the station will also arrive in the car park
- 11:35am : We leave the car park and go off riding in the Forest (adults need permits, but children don't)
- 1:45pm : We finish the ride and buy a sandwich from the cafe
- 2:45pm : Start heading home
- 15:35 or 16:05 : trains leave Martins Heron
- 16:30 or 17:00 : back at West Norwood.
We can only take 6 riders by train, so first come first served.
You will need:
- To dress wisely according to the conditions. You may be out all day.
- Bring a spare tube / puncture kit
- Long fingered gloves
- Drink and a bit of lunch
- Did we mention warm clothing?
- Parent's phone number, on a piece of paper in your pocket.